- Funding Opportunities (Quick links to ASU limited submissions, funding agencies, including NSF, NIH, DOD, DARPA, and ARPA-e, and charitable funding sources)
- Research Advancement Process (RA chart and proposal administration processes
- Proposal Support (Guidelines and contact information)
- Funding.asu.edu (login required) Search for funding, find resources, and connect to research opportunities
- Engineering Education Outreach Get involved with Arizona community schools and outreach activities
- Diversity @ ASU (login required) ASU diversity plan.
NSF CAREER Proposal development material
(all files below require login)
- Faculty To-Do List
- NSF CAREER Submission Checklist
- Writing the NSF CAREER Proposal
- Merit Review Criteria (CAREER) Checklist
- Guidelines for Broader Impacts in NSF Proposals
- Recommended Reading for NSF CAREER
Early Career Investigator
- Early Career Grant Funding Opportunities
Brief descriptions and links to federal and non-profit entities providing funding for early career investigators.
Data Management Plan
- ASU Guidance/Resources on Data Management Plans
- ASU Data Storage and Backup
Links to ASU data storage/backup options and technical details to use in your proposal.
- DMP Tool
This site helps you create data management plans for specific funding agencies. First-time users begin by setting up an account. On the Login page, search for ASU in the drop-down menu. Log in as you would usually do for your ASU account. In addition to walking you through a step-by-step process for creating, maintaining, and editing your data plan, the DMP Tool has a Funder Requirement guide with sample plans and templates.
- Data Management Plan
(Word file – Contains generic/bio/CISE/engineering templates, as well as links to important ASU data policies)
- NIH Frequently Asked Questions on Data Sharing
Guidance on NIH data sharing expectations.
Grant proposals often require investigators to address plans for management, organizational structure, risk assessment, mentoring, etc. The following information is meant to serve as general guidance, or a starting point for writing these plans. When using the sample templates, please personalize both the language and content of your particular plan in the context of your technical work and the review criteria of the sponsor.
- ASU Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Describes roles, responsibilities, and activities of ASU’s ES&H unit. For additional details and for updated information, visit the EHS site.
- Intellectual Property (login required)
Provides a sample ASU Intellectual Property plan, and general principles of IP management and ownership. For more details, visit the AzTE site.
- Multiple PI Leadership Plan (login required)
- Letters of Support Guidance
ASU guidance on important details to include in your letter of support/collaboration
- Letter of Support Template
- Management Plan (1) (login required)
- Management Plan (2) (login required)
- Postdoctoral Researcher Mentoring Plan (login required)
Offers free templates for project management plans, communication plans, risk management, milestone list/table, etc.
Learn more about ASU limited submissions, funding agencies, including NSF, NIH, DOD, DARPA, and ARPA-e, and charitable funding sources.
Labs & Facilities (ASU Shared Resources)
Fulton Schools of Engineering